Contributions Rolling in for Proposed Amphitheater at Miramar National Cemetery
Contributions toward construction of the Armed Forces Memorial Amphitheater at Miramar National Cemetery are rolling in. The Miramar National Cemetery Support Foundation has received more than $14,000 to date for the project.
The Amphitheater project is estimated to cost between $450,000 and $500,000, including the perpetual maintenance fund required by the Veterans Administration. The project is being coordinated with the VA’s National Cemetery Administration. No federal funds will be used for the project.
To contribute, go to the Virtual Gala at https://gala.miramarcemetery.org/,
click on “Donate Now” and follow the prompts, or send a check to: Amphitheater Fund, c/o 2500 6th Ave., Unit 803, San Diego, CA 92103.
Donors contributing, to date, are:
- Ms. Jessica Manning of San Diego, Calif.
- Joanne and Harry Madosky of Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Ms. Sandy Astley of Lakeside, Calif.
- The Retired Fire & Police Foundation of San Diego, Calif.
- Capt. William H. Heard, Jr. of San Diego, Calif., in honor of five veterans in his family.
- Susan and Stanley Elmore of San Diego, Calif.
- Ms. Helen Schwan of San Diego, Calif., in memory of Charles A. Schwan.
- Mr. William M. Allen of Mobile, Al.
- Mr. Tommie G. Powell of La Mesa, Calif.
- Ms. Cheryl Meyers of San Diego, Calif., in honor of Retired PSGT Andrew R. Meyers.
- Mr. Carlos Inot of Bonita, Calif.
- Ms. Kathleen Healey of Carlsbad, Calif., in memory of Michael S. Healey.
- Judy and Ernie Gelvezon of San Diego, Calif.
- Norma and Lance Dormann of Alpine, Calif., in honor of Charlie Inot, Susan Simpson Inot, and Patrick Russell.
The Support Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity. All donations are tax deductible. Tax ID #65-1277308. You will receive an acknowledgment for your contribution.