COVID-19 Measures: A message from Greta Hamilton, Director, Fort Rosecrans and Miramar National Cemeteries
We have come through a difficult time, but as a nation we continue to see improvements in our battle against COVID -19. As a result of the critical gains achieved in San Diego County:
- Miramar National Cemetery committal service attendance capacity is increased from 35 to 50 individuals inside the committal shelter. An additional 50 members may socially distance around the committal shelter in designated areas.
- Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery committal service attendance capacity is increased from 10 to 15 individuals total. The 15 attendees is inclusive of individuals both in and outside the committal shelter.
- All individuals attending a committal service are still required to wear a mask and socially distance as appropriate.
- The administration offices for Fort Rosecrans and Miramar National Cemeteries remain closed. Instructions are posted at the entrance should a visitor need immediate assistance.
- The public restrooms are open to the public during cemetery hours.
Thank you for your patience during this trying time as our present situation continues to improve.